The original tea-drinkers!
Here is a simple recipe to make chai yourself at home. This is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 inch stick of cinnamon
- 8 cardamom pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger root (sliced thin)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons of Darjeeling Tea leaves
- Place water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to low setting and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar and again bring to simmer.
- Next, add the tea leaves, remove from heat and cover.
- Let steep for 3 minutes and strain.
*last step: drink, relax, and enjoy!
recipe compliments of: http://www.2basnob.com/
visit their website for more recipes on coffee, tea, wine, and more.
with love, Becca