Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Snow, Go Away



THE STORM. It arrived last week, deposited it's fluffy white matter, and has yet to leave. I ask myself this: What ever happened to Global Warming?? This year has definitely deminished that myth. Although the cold, wetness is a bit miserable, there is beauty in it. I came home one day and there were little birdy foot prints all along my porch. :)



The sunshine was trying to peer through a little bit.



And this is my painting that I finally finished. It pretty much parallels the idea I want for my tattoo. Hahaha, funny story. My old washed up art teacher pretty much told me that it's not REAL art. I know she's just a crazy old lady and everyone told me not to listen to her, but it just made me so mad. I put a lot of time and effort into that painting and it means a lot to me and for her to just say it wasn't anything hurt. BUT, whatever. Not that her opinion really matters anyways.

I also found out that I'm accepted to Ball State and I have to get a portfolio together to be accepted into their art program. I'm double majoring in Apparel Design and Fashion Merchandising and then minoring in Photojournalism. I figure with that kind of schooling I could do a variety of things. Best to keep the options open.

Have a lovely, snowing week! depending on where you live.
love, Becca

6 comments:

  1. no worries. the art lady is certified crazy. she smacked my ex husbands butt. the painting is great, and you know it. thats way cool about the double major stuff. gimme a call sometime, its been awhile. love you sis. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congrats on getting accepted!
    Secondly, how ridiculous of her to tell you that it isn't art. The beautiful thing about art is that it stretched far across many boundaries and anyone limited to it has also limited themselves. I think your painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are doing well Becca & spring is finally here!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beccadear! congrats on getting in to ball state- is that definitely where you plan on going? wow, sounds like you're going to have a full course load with a double major and a minor (:

    love the birdy footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blaaack bird flyyyyy*
    beatles :)

    great blog, great drawing, great EVERYTHING :D
    following :D
    see u soon
    stuckinadumbdaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca, Remember me? We wrote on each others blogs. Congratulations on going to college. Write when you get time and let me know how it's going. Your art teacher obviously has a very limited idea of what art is. She should not teach art in my opinion. I hope you are doing well now that the weather's warm! Talk soon, Mary www.marytelfer.com

    ReplyDelete