Sunday, July 26, 2009

Free as a bird


Free as a bird,
it's the next best thing to be.
Free as a bird.
Home, home and dry,
like a homing bird I'll fly
as a bird on wings.

Whatever happened to
the life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?

Where did we lose the touch
that seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel so...
Free as a bird,
it's the next best thing to be.
Free as a bird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... there's a new tattoo I want. I've decided upon a birdcage with the door open and a little birdy flying free. For people who know me, the reasons are obvious. But for everyone else, I'll fill you in.
~~~~~~~
Basically, I've led a sheltered life. My parents were and are ultra conservative and I never got to get out much as a kid. I always got that sense of being in a cage, especially when my mother wouldn't let me attend other little kids' birthday parties just because she didn't like their family. I guess she was just doing what she thought was best, and trying to protect me. But I just wanted to be free. I'm a free spirit, a free soul. There's no keeping me back, because I will just find a way out, a way to be free. Free as a bird.

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Haha, and so that's why I want this tattoo. It's very fitting, actually it fits me like a glove and I'm in love with this new idea. I can't wait to get it! I'm definitely going to brainstorm and tweek it a little bit. I was thinking maybe lyrics from above song (just the free as a bird part) like on a ribbon or something. I think I like the cage in the center of the back though. But I definitely want a different bird than the one in this picture, and maybe bigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would love any input! So if you have any photos that you think would look good or go well with please send them!! All feed back is welcome! :D

Love, Becca

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen/heard of a tattoo like that one before. I think it looks great in the photo, and would still look great with any add on's. I really do love the tattoo and how it is very fitting for a girl like you and your story. How soon are you thinking of getting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun going with your best friend for your first tattoo. My best friend already beat me to the punch with getting her tattoo lol, but I was still not really sure what I wanted. But I know one day I will probably get something, just waiting to make sure it is something I really want.

    Oh and I am majoring in Sociology with a Women Studies Minor at the Ohio State University. I am thinking of going to grad school possibly to obtain my masters in Women Studies (but that is all depending on money lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete