Thursday, July 2, 2009

Take a Chance on me?

Hello friends, sorry its been a while. I haven't had internet connection in quite sometime, unless you count the stealing of the neighbors internet which is really pretty touchy and loses connection every couple minutes.

So I've been thinking lately, and I think I really would like to pursue a career in the fashion industry. It's really what makes me happy. I would put up a picture for you of the plaid pencil skirt that I made from scratch, but I'm lacking my camera cord right now. I was pretty proud of myself. It was the first thing I'd ever sewed from scratch. Of course I'd sewed things before, but it was mainly just altering stuff that was already made. But this skirt looked sharp, let me tell you. I wore it with my Steve Madden heels and a tucked in black top.

But I was thinking, and I really think that is what I want to do with my life. Maybe not "fashion designer" but maybe a stylist? I'm good at picking out outfits? Some people do that for a living, right? Like what's their face on What Not To Wear. They basically just pick out outfits. I would love to do that, well and I already do for most of my friends. I just have a knack for knowing what looks good on some people.

My sister wants me to get one of those bodice things to sew on. I think they are silly. I want to start taking sewing classes or something now. I just don't want to regret not doing what I love. It's silly, but I got all this from watching the movie "The Women." It was actually an alright movie. But the point is, when Meg Ryan hit rock bottom and then she ended up making her own line of clothes which was what she'd always wanted to do but never had the chance. I don't want that to be me. I want to take that chance when it comes and if it comes. I want to do something I love and that I am actually good at.


P.S. This makes me laugh:

P.S.S. Buddy Holly makes me giggle:

6 comments:

  1. aww, awesome! you know, sometimes the cheesiest movies can just be so inspiring (:

    anyway, i'm anxious to see your skirt! i wish i knew how to sew... all i can do is embroider... haha.

    P.S. that picture makes me laugh too!! and so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand completely
    i mgoing thru a point in my life where im trying to decide if i should pursue it . i mean its probably like 200x harder then i can imagine .and do i really have it in me ?
    should i just be a publsiher instead ?
    its pretty crazy but in the end we have to give it a try know ?
    at least so that we know that we tried

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca dear, pursue your dreams... In the meantime continue to get more inspirations from the world & all the creative-talented people around...
    The internet is such a fantastic source these days! Well, ~Cheers to your dream* darling...

    XO*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! Life is all about taking chances, and in the end you will know that you tried your best and took that chance :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That damn movie inspired me, too. and Buddy Holly looks like daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha!! He really does! Except cooler X100.

    ReplyDelete