Thursday, July 30, 2009

Flapper Inspirations


So I'm utterly in love with the whole 20's vintage look/style.
Maybe it's spawning from my interest in old people. I don't know.
I know these pictures suck since I had to take them myself,
in my poorly lit room and small mirror, but just bear with me.
:)
I found this tulip skirt at a cute little boutique in Broadripple.
I'm in also in love with these little boutiques everywhere,
Mmm! especially this place called the Girly Chic Boutique!!
It has the absolute cutest interior!! I'll put up some pics...

The place is covered in chandeliers and floral wallpaper. There was even a vintage sofa that looked like it was straight out of the movie Marie Antoinette. This whole place looked like it was straight out of that movie. I am in lovee!


I hear this lady owns her own bakery too! How cute!

But, I found this Flapper esque headband in a secret sale section at Khols. I don't usually shop there, but ever since they aquired the Vera Wang line... I'm in love! And yes, the headband is Simply Vera by Vera Wang. I love her stuff. It always has a little something to make it unique and stand aside from the norm. She's probably one of my favorite designers.

Hahaa! And Betsy Johnson, just because she is sooo crazy!

Oh... and see that necklace?? Yes, it is an old school bicycle! I made it and it is for sale on my artfire store. So... if you're interested and absolutely love it, go ahead and check it out.

http://beccabookie.artfire.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~

with love,

your favorite little jewelry designer...

Becca

5 comments:

  1. That chandelier is just gorgeous! And the outfit you have on is too. That bow is absolutely adorable, just love it. Oh and I am definitely checking out that necklace of your :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. becca!! thanks for your sweet comment- i haven't heard from you in awhile! these pictures are so cute, and i looove your skirt and that old bicycle on your necklace. also, the boutique seems perfect! i hope i can have a bakery/cake shop when i'm an old lady.

    p.s. i'm also a fan of the vera wang kohl's stuff. i especially adore by the fact that everything is always on sale at kohl's! so amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that necklace its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me just say your are gorgeous . your face isso pretty nice lips and nose .

    really pretty!
    that looks like a great place to shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for beautiful redheads! haha

    oh, and i've been meaning to tell you that i love the new-ish background of your blog. it's lovely!

    p.s. i'm going to explain caboodles in one of my next few posts, just so you know (:

    ReplyDelete