Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inspirational person of the week: Audrey Hepburn

Even when I was a kid, I always remember having this wonderful fascination with Audrey Hepburn. Not the cliche kind where people only see her as an icon, and not just a sense of admiration, but almost like I knew her and could relate.
I think it all started when I was a little kid staying at my grandma's apartment with my sister. We'd stay up late and watch Audrey Hepburn movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, and the one I remember the most, Funny Face.
~~~~~~~
Audrey Hepburn was always one of my grandma's favorite actresses. Watching those movies with her is one of the only vivid memories I have left since she got bad. My grandma has Alzheimer's disease now, and isn't really all there. It's weird seeing her like that, because it almost seems like she's always been like that, even though I know she hasn't. I feel like I'm forgetting all the real memories I have with her. And that's one reason I love Audrey Hepburn movies.
~~~~~~~
So I guess the movies hold a certain sentimental value too. And the thing I like about all old movies- how you feel like nothing could ever go wrong, you feel warm and cozy inside, everything so simple and black and white.
I think she's wonderful! I just absolutely love her. Everything about her.
She was classy, chic, and surprisingly down to earth.
~~~~~~~
I think what I love most about her though is that she just seemed like an everyday normal person. Someone I could meet in real life. She didn't let Hollywood go to her head. I guess she was humble. yeah. And I like that. I think it's incredibly important to be humble.
So whenever I have one of those days where I feel like nothing is right, I come home, make some tea, and watch my favorite Hepburn movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
~~~~~~~
"Nothing bad can happen to you in a place like Tiffany's"
~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day! :)
~~~~~~~
Love,
Becca


1 comment: