Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vague Thoughts


There were a lot of things going through my mind today. I finally saw the curious case of Benjamin Button and it was pretty intriguing. It made me think a lot of my grandma who has altziemers disease. It's just so weird the similarity between birth and death. There's that perfect time right in the middle, the prime of your life, but it only lasts so long. And then everything goes down hill again. You spend your whole life waiting to grow up and then you grow old. I've spent most of my life wishing I was 18, to make my own decisions and get away from my mother. Now that 18 is only 3 months away, it's getting a little scary. I'm not so sure I want to grow up anymore. I'm afraid it'll pass me by and I won't make anything of it or of myself. I guess everyone gets this feeling sometime in their life. And then I see my grandmother, she doesn't even know who she is anymore. She has no clue what's going on around her. She can't even look back and recollect on her life. She doesn't remember. I think that would be the worst. Worse than not making anything of your life--not remembering it. Too bad we can't just freeze time in the perfect moments, the ones where everything is just how it should be. The ones where you wouldn't change a thing. But no matter how perfect any moment is, no matter how well we plan on remembering it, even your memory isn't always safe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, thanks for following me, I am following you too,now.. Please check your facebook link in your badge, it takes me to an error page.
    All the best!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are swell, kid.

    Whose to say we can't stop time and make things perfect forever? I won't have it. That's a sure thing.

    Love,
    Caleb Chastain.

    ReplyDelete