Sunday, September 6, 2009

I tell tails tall as cliffs, but the Margot show is not one of them!

So... for any of you Margot fans out there, I'm sure you will appreciate this. I was lucky enough to get to go to see Margot (and the Nuclear So and So's) at the Buskirk something rather theater in Bloomington! It was by far, one of the best concerts/shows I've been to yet. Great energy from the band and audience. I love it because they're actually from Indiana, so their songs have references that only a Hoosier would be able to appreciate in full. It makes the whole experience so much more personal.
~~~~~~~
Sooo....who better to see one of your mutually favorite bands with than your best friend. :)
This is Christine and me. I've known her since I was a wee child and would be utterly lost with out her in my life.

pretty much front row. :) unfortunately we were situated directly next to the amplifier. I thought I was going to go prematurely deaf in my left ear.

We parked behind the venue (and I am SOOO glad!) because we ran into a couple of the band members on our way to the car!! EEP! I'm sure I thoroughly made an ass of myself in front of this lovely stud muffin, but oh well. :D
me- "Oh my god, I think that's them!" So we walked up and did what any fan would... asked for a picture! me again- "Not to be obnoxious, but could I get a picture with you?" I thought I was going to die.
They're very down to earth people though. He was really nice and asked my name and such and then told me his name (which I need to look up, because I was so giddy I can't remember what it was!)

I love the keyboardist. She was adorable. And of course Richard... he could be as filthy and as wasted as he wants and still be the most attractive thing on the planet.

(which, he was wasted... and filthy... but I still think I am in lovee!)

So basically, I've turned into a giddy little school girl all over because of this concert. I have listened to nothing but Margot since the concert, and if you don't know them:

~~~~~~~

PLEASE look them up!
it's for your own well-being,
trust me.

~~~~~~~

their albums:
Animal
Not Animal
and the best: Dust of Retreat

~~~~~~~~

for more info on this lovely band just visit this link: http://margotandthenuclearsoandsos.com/

~~~~~~~

always with love,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! I have never heard of them but they seem promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca - I enjoyed reading your blog! Do you still work at Meijer with Lloyd? It's true that everyone has a story and you'll have some great stories when you get older. Keep up the good work - inspiring and being inspired!

    Mary
    www.marysartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you have a Trader Joe's near you, I hear that's a really fun grocery store to work at and they treat their employees really well. I hear Barnes and Noble is also good! Best of luck to you. Are you going to college next year?

    And thanks for the comments. Pastels really aren't that hard. Some people don't like them because they're dusty, but I love them.

    Mary
    www.marysartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yerp, I'm heading over in 5 days. gah! I can't believe it... it got here really quick. it's weird how time does that sometimes, flies, and you don't even realize it... but yes, I am going to live over there for 9 months. I'm super stoked.

    it totally will happen! if you want it, go for it! europe is wonderful. from what I've read and seen on here, I think you'd fit rather well into the whole artistic culture over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca - FOLLOW YOUR HEART - read the book "Steering by Starlight" by Martha Beck - at least go to Borders and page through it and give it a try. You could go to a local community college and take some classes for credit and then you WILL figure it out. You have TONS of talent and you need to use it! Here's my email if you want to email me: mary@telfleur.com - website: www.telfleur.com

    Take care,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am jealous. Margot is great. youre lucky. the end

    ReplyDelete