Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just some food for thought: "You were only waiting for this moment to be free"

What is it really to be free? Will one ever find genuine freedom in this world we live in?
The pursuit of happiness. To me, happiness is freedom.
The unattainable. Something is always going to hold us back, to tie us down.
I've been chasing it all my life, ever since I was a little kid, I remember staring up at the sky, getting lost in the stars, hoping with all my heart that I might just get sucked up into the vast ocean of twinkling lights above me.
~~~~~~~
Wishing always for something more.
The unattainable. Always wanting what I don't have.




Maybe to be free is really to realize you will never be free.
~~~~~~~
To accept life as it is, as it comes, flying at you one day at a time.
Acceptance: nothing will ever be what you want it to be, nothing will ever go according to plan.
To stop hoping the unimaginable will happen, because in reality it certainly never will.

~~~~~~~

Maybe to be free is to "just not give a fuck."

~~~~~~~

I agree, there is something very wrong about this statement, and previous ones, but there's also something that makes perfect sense in a bitter, cruel, real way.
The freedom of not letting society affect you.
because I want to beat society. I want to overcome it, to come out on top.

Everyone is so caught up in worrying about the future.
Maybe freedom is simply living in the moment.
To soak it up all while you can and you revel in that moment while you can, not worrying about tomorrow or the next minute, because that moment will be over in a second.
Just like that.

~~~~~~~


Maybe freedom is that moment.
Because, for that one moment, nothing mattered, nothing could harm you, nothing could ever fuck up that moment in time.

Immortal.

Infinite.

Perfect.

And I don't want my life to pass me by.
Maybe, I have finally found in my own way finally how to be free, even if just for a moment, because I will never really be free at all, except in that moment.





"And you were only waiting for this moment to be free," -The Beatles
~~~~~~~
hope this isn't too obtuse, or too depressing.
I just had that compulsion to write what I was feeling.
I included some of my photography that has of course been photoshopped a bit.
Thanks for reading.
~~~~~~~
love always,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. I have recently been pondering similar thoughts. that's actually how I found your blog, now that I think about it. I was looking at pictures of birds for a tattoo concept about freedom, and stumbled upon the one of the bird flying from it's cage you have on an old post.
    heh, anyway...
    I heard it once said: "freedom isn't the ability to do what you want, but the ability to do what is right."
    hmm, that made me think. freedom can be found in so many things, and yet in so few. and as you said, the feeling usually only lasts us for a short moment.
    but, if we use our freedom to do what is better, not only for ourselfs, but also those around us, we are making the world a better place. making a LASTING change, lasting freedom for those who surround us. bringing peace, instead of chaos. we are like a dove. and isn't it interesting, doves fly. the only thing I TRULY wish I could do, yet cant. the thing I believe visually represents freedom best.

    I think that is what non-freedom is for. to let us experience the harshness and heaviness of being caged in. so that when we are released we can feel like we are flying on the inside, and smile because we know that moment is attainable.

    hah, this comment came out much longer than originally expected. mirr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the post. I think a lot of people struggle with understanding what freedom is for them, and struggle with how to be okay with not always getting what you desire. I try so hard everyday to take everything one day at a time, too many times I catch myself worrying too much about the future and don't focus on what I have right in front of me. Love the quote from the Beatles as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i blog about that same thing: happiness and how to obtain it. And in my opinion to not give a fu.ck will be sprinting in the wrong direction. its just not real. i think happiness should be a natural and worked up emotion. something that your heart needs and wants. a meticulous strategy, to deal with whatever keeps you from that happiness or freedom.


    p.s. noice on the beatles quote :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nothing deep to add, but this was great to read!

    ReplyDelete